Ardmore Hanger

for plane and helicopter

Ardmore has become a key airport for general aviation and flight training servicing Auckland since 1943.

the new hanger was built for both plane and helicopter and stored service spaces, amenities and offices that open out onto a runway viewing deck.

compliance and technical consideration of function and placement within the immediate and overall complex was critical.

structurally established with cold form steel, the built outcome celebrates its industrials nature in service of form following its functional requirements.

2008 / hangar – plane helicopter / 870m2 / ardmore airport, auckland, N.Z